[CentOS] Fwd: Centos and logs

Tue Nov 18 18:35:56 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/18/2014 7:03 AM, Alan Holt wrote:
> I have developers, and I can't give them access to my Centos servers,

developers have to have SOME level of access to the server, no?
otherwise how can they test their code?

> but
> they want to see logs of Apache. I want to give them address like
> 172.17.17.21/logs and they will be able to watch logs of Apache in browser.

I put the websites under development are in /home/appuser/public_html
and the web logs for that vhost in /home/appuser/logs

and the appuser account is just an ordinary user, who can log on via
ssh, and transfer files with rsync or sftp/scp