[CentOS] lstat() problem solved - Re: New mailserver problems

Thu Nov 20 15:32:48 UTC 2014

On 11/19/2014 12:12 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> On 11/19/2014 10:35 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> Ownership or selinux problem?
>>
>> Unfortunately no selinux on RSEL.  has to do, in part, with it being a port
>> to armv5, eventhough I run it on armv7.
>>
>> I looked at the permissions and from /var/spool/amavisd it is owned by
>> amavis:amavis
> Without selinux, permission errors are usually pretty straightforward
> - that is, if something logs a 'permission denied', it means exactly
> that.  I could be anywhere up the path, or the program accessing it
> might not have the uid you expect, though.

It was permissions.  I had added clam to the amavis group:

gpasswd -a clam amavis

But not given the group permissions to the directory.  First did:

chmod g+rx /var/spool/amavisd/tmp

But was still getting the error so I went up a level:

chmod g+rx /var/spool/amavisd

and no longer getting the error.

I **AM** making good notes on all of this.  Perhaps I will someday put
them up in Centos docs...