[CentOS] CentOs 7.0 and reboot failure

Sun Nov 23 19:07:47 UTC 2014
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

Everyone,

I have installed Centos 7.0 on my homework machine in order to take a
test drive with  it, and am low on the learning curve with it at this
point.  I have a small Gateway SX2855-UB12P.

I have a critical hurdle in that when I try a reboot or when I do a
'shutdown now -r' command the system will start a reboot process but
hangs right after the os choices are presented.

My install process started with the server version, and I added the
gnome desktop latter.  I also changed the boot level to 5.

Has anyone else had this problem, or any suggestions as to a remedy.

Thanks,

Greg Ennis

I failed to mention that I can reboot it by powering it down (no need to
remove the plug) by pressing and holding the power button which turns
everything off, and then hitting the power button again.  After this it
will boot.  Obviously this makes testing this machine remotely
impossible.

Greg