[CentOS] TELNENT TO LOCALHOST IN CENTOS 7

Mon Nov 24 18:23:23 UTC 2014
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

      The original poster has not replied, so we do not know his reasoning.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:04:30PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>>
>>> Umm, yeah.   Encrypted protocols would never be compromised....
>>
>> Which do you think is more likely?  Someone sniffing a cleartext
>> credential set on the wire or someone subverting an alleged "secure"
>> encrypted protocol?
>
> For things that matter, you should expect both.  For things that don't
> matter, well they don't matter.

      Exactly. For instance, what if he needs to use some product
whose vendor has never heard of ssh (or company died)? What if he is
building a test lab for learning how to use wireshark? Until he comes
back and lets us know, we are just farting in the wind.

Personally I expect him to know what he is doing