[CentOS] TELNENT TO LOCALHOST IN CENTOS 7

Tue Nov 25 17:52:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:42:18AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> It doesn’t look like CentOS 7’s in.telnetd supports this anyway.  I
> base that on two bits of evidence:
>
> 1. The man page: " -a authmode  ...not available in the current version.”
>
> 2. ldd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd doesn’t show that it’s linked to libgssapi.

You'd have to use the clients in krb5-appl-clients and the telnetd in
krb5-appl-servers.  The 'telnet' in krb5-appl-clients has an -x flag
that encrypts the data stream.

I never use any of this anymore.  In fact, the only reason why I used
kerberized telnet was back before OpenSSH was as widespread, and
encrypted telnet was less overhead on the really old Suns I used.  I
just wanted to point out that the 'telnet' protocol is more than plain
text.