[CentOS] CentOS 6.6: Webcam problem

Sat Nov 29 21:23:34 UTC 2014
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 11/05/14 19:13, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've think got the same problem.  I would boot into the previous kernel
>> but, because I've got the Nvidea video driver, my X server will not run
>> with the old kernel so I can't tell you if my web cam works with the old
>> kernel or not.  I know it used to work.
>
> I suggest you use kmod-nvidia from ELRepo. Then you will be able to
> boot the old kernel. Also, you'd not have to reinstall the Nvidia
> driver for each kernel update.

You mean like this?
[mlapier at mushroom ~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i nvid
kmod-nvidia-304xx-304.123-3.el6.elrepo.i686
nvidia-x11-drv-304xx-304.123-1.el6.elrepo.i686
nvidia-detect-340.58-1.el6.elrepo.i686

Doesn't work.  It always worked before the 6.6 update when there was a
new kernel but it didn't work with the new 6.6 kernel and it won't work
with the old kernel after the 6.6 update.