[CentOS] Layer 2 VPN with OpenSSH on CentOS7 not working!

Anthony K

akcentos at anroet.com
Wed Oct 1 06:48:24 UTC 2014

On 30/09/14 02:00, SilverTip257 wrote:
> Unless you can prove with further testing that something is actually
> broken, I expect this is nothing but a configuration error.  Per the
> TUN/TAP comment of mine [0].  TUN is layer3 and TAP is layer2 of the OSI
> Model.
>
> [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TUN/TAP

Thanks,

You obviously have a point here.

Interestingly, from my fully patched Ubuntu based laptop I can only get
a tun interface *[1]*.  However, as long as both ends are CentOS, it
works as intended.  I'll have dig further on my laptop to figure out
which configuration setting I need to tweak to get it working!

Cheers,
ak.

*[1]*: http://i.imgur.com/2QmVakh.png