[CentOS] Centos laptop support

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Thu Oct 2 09:01:19 UTC 2014

op 02-10-14 09:01, wwp schreef:
> Hello Frank,
>

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:57:30 -0600 Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com> wrote:
>
>> Today I found myself in need of a laptop to run Centos on.  And that simple statement led to an all-day odyssey.
> [snip]
>> Since it has now become amazingly difficult to get a laptop if you're not planning to use Windows, at least around here, I'm wondering what the rest of you fine folks do when it comes to purchasing a laptop?  Next time this comes up, I'd rather not have to spend all day on something that used to take fifteen minutes.
> Dell Latitude series, from the old D810 to more recent E65xx ones.
>

> Regards,

Hello All,

when buying laptops I try to avoid Ati/Radeon cards, because of pas issues.
But maybe it would be all right now.

Definitely no Broadcom wireless.
No Lenovo because of id/pairing protected cards.
In short, I look for laptops with as many Intel parts as possible.

Although it is true that Amd is a lot of power for a buck.

Greetings, J.