[CentOS] slammed

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Oct 2 14:29:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-02 10:23 am, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I just got SLAMMED with accessed to httpd from
> 91.230.121.156
>
> I added the address to my firewall to drop it.
> FYI
>
> host 91.230.121.156
> 156.121.230.91.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
> no-rdns.offshorededicated.net.

Are you running Wordpress?

My company's Wordpress installation was getting hammered by an IP in the
same netblock, yesterday...look in your httpd logs for repeated POST
operations to xmlrpc.php.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1