[CentOS] CUPS Enable printer from command line

Rodrigo Pichiñual Norin

rodrigo.pichinual at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:12:31 UTC 2014

Hi all:

I am investigating about Common Unix Printing System (CUPS).but, I have one
doubt, when I execute the command "lpc status" , the output it's :
for example:
Printer-one:
printer is on device 'lpd' speed -1
queuing is enabled
printing is disabled
10 entries
daemon present

so the status the printer it's "DISABLED",
I changed in the file /etc/cups/printers.conf the param "State stopped" by
"State Idle" and then it's worked.
My question it's, exist any command for enable printer in status disabled
without modify the file printers.conf????

pd: excuse me my inglish (I  speak spanish)
Thanks

--
*Atte. Rodrigo Pichiñual N.*
*Ingeniero Informático*