[CentOS] Need to Understand booting process of CENTOS-7

Jake Shipton jakems at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 3 14:50:29 UTC 2014

On 01/10/14 11:58, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> It's very simple actually. The first step in the booting process of
> CENTOS-7 is the application of emf to the system, following which it
> would initiate the cmos process to load the GPT from disk and hand
> over to LILO which will bootstrap the kernel from the file allocation
> table into the high memory area before running systemd to complete the
> booting process.

Yup :D.

See simple.

Or at least, simple to you and me, and most sys admins who know Linux
and computers well (To be fair, if you're a decent Linux admin, you
probably do).

But to a newcomer, the above would just be a random blob of text which
makes them give you a blank stare.

Also, not necessarily over to Lilo, could go to grub or grub2 or any
other bootloader... depends on the system configuration ;-)

Kind Regards,
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F
GPG Fingerprint: 7515 CC63 19BD 06F9 400A DE8A 1D0B A5CF E3C3 1D8F