[CentOS] en01 network

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Oct 4 14:58:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 10:33:55AM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have installed CentOS 7.
> I added "biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0" at install time.

What I've done on Fedora for awhile now.

I don't use NetworkManager, so if you are using it, I don't know, it does
its own thing to network names.

Also, I do this when I have physical access to the machine.

First.

rpm -e biosdevname  (This should soon not be necessary, at least in Fedora)
Then in /etc/default edit grub and add the net.ifnames=0 at the end of the
kernel line.

Then grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg  which will put it into grub2.

Next I go into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and name the ifcfg-* file
accordingly, and also edit said file from it's if or biosdev name to
eth-whatever.

This has worked for me since Fedora began doing this.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6