[CentOS] Centos laptop:: video cards

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Oct 5 09:20:32 UTC 2014

On 10/5/2014 1:58 AM, ken wrote:
> Perhaps you're intimately familiar with each and every video card
> manufactured since the early '80s except for the ones I bought with my
> machines, because I've always insisted on video cards with static RAM.
> Or perhaps your understanding of static RAM is different from what I'm
> talking about.

I'm using the industry standard definitions of dynamic RAM vs static RAM...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_random-access_memory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_random-access_memory

what graphics card made since the the days of the original PC Monochrome
Adapter (text only) uses static ram?

ALL ATI/AMD, Nvidia, and Intel graphics systems since the mid 90s use
various flavors of SDRAM (the S in SDRAM stands for Synchronous, not STATIC)