[CentOS] Renaming NIC name in CentOS 7

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sun Oct 5 14:18:05 UTC 2014

Hey Mark,

You can use "ip" tools to do the trick.
For Ubuntu I wrote this upstart script that helps with it without
touching udev.
You can see it here:
http://www1.ngtech.co.il/paste/1175/

You can run this function at runtime and it will change the interface
name.

On CentOS you will need to find the right "spot" in boot to apply this
link.
Before NetworkManager and after udev.

All The Bests,
Eliezer