[CentOS] Renaming NIC name in CentOS 7

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Oct 5 20:20:39 UTC 2014

To answer this question using my use-case;

I build HA clusters, and I want to make sure that physical port X on all
nodes have the same device name. Biosdevname tries to address this, but
doesn't work all the time.

Further, in my case, I've got a minimum of six interfaces in each node,
paired into three bonded groups. Having the device name reflect the
purpose in the node is very helpful 12~24 months down the road when I
need to fix a network problem.

There *are* cogent arguments for renaming interfaces.

cheers

digimer

Digimer
access to education?