[CentOS] lvcreate error

Aaron Siegel

admin at siegel-tech.net
Sun Oct 5 22:01:06 UTC 2014

Hello

I am unable create a new logical volume, I receive the following error
when using lvcreate
	# lvcreate -L 1g -n system3_root hm
	device-mapper: resume ioctl on  failed: Invalid argument
	Unable to resume hm-system3_root (253:7)
	Failed to activate new LV.

	# pvs
  	PV         VG   Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
  	/dev/sda4  hm   lvm2 a--  998.00g 864.75g

	# gvs
	VG   #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree
  	hm     1   6   0 wz--n- 998.00g 864.75g

	#lvs
	 LV             VG   Attr       LSize  Pool Origin Data%  Move Log Cpy%
Sync Convert
	  docker         hm   -wi-ao----
15.00g
         libvirt-images hm   -wi-ao----