[CentOS] centos 5.11 and postfix

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Oct 6 10:12:25 UTC 2014

I made a test update of only Postfix and don't see a problem.
There's indeed a new main.cf file saved as main.cf.rpmnew and there's also
a new main.cf.default file which contains all default settings of
postconf.

The data_directory apparently changed from /etc/postfix to
/var/lib/postfix which affects the SSL relevant file prng_exch. Postfix
redirects access from old to the new location, maybe you had a problem
because of this? Selinux? The path is in the new main.cf(.rpmnew), but not
in my old main.cf file. However, as it is the default it takes effect,
anyway.

Oct  6 11:17:46 d15 postfix/tlsmgr[5642]: warning: request to update file
/etc/postfix/prng_exch in non-postfix directory /etc/postfix
Oct  6 11:17:46 d15 postfix/tlsmgr[5642]: warning: redirecting the request
to postfix-owned data_directory /var/lib/postfix

> with syrus-sasl authentication on SSLed port done via dovecot.

This  confused me a bit first. I assume you just meant to say SASL, no
Cyrus involved. Same here. No matter, if SSL or not.

Kai