[CentOS] restarting mysql databases

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Oct 6 19:14:29 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 03:06 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 10/6/2014 12:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I am doing an install of a mysql system, and decided that I needed to
>> change some things like host name. So I have to go back to square one
>> with the mysql setup, but can't find any instructions for this.  I
>> TRIED:
>
> changing hostname, ip addresses, etc, should have ZERO impact on mysql.

I don't know if I need the flush-hosts command or what.  The howto I use
starts off with:

mysqladmin -u root password 'mypass'
mysqladmin -u root -h foo.bar.com password 'myhostpass'

So I am changing foo.bar.com to bar.foo.com.   So when I try:

mysqladmin -u root -h bar.foo.com password 'myhostpass'

I get

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'bar.foo.com' failed
error: 'Host 'bar.foo.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'