[CentOS] Off topic - was: Re: Problem with WRT54GL router

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Tue Oct 7 18:06:39 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014 01:40 PM Tom Bishop wrote:

>> As another suggestion, you could try installing the Tomato firmware
>> rather than dd-wrt.  I used to run dd-wrt (on a v1.2 WRT-54GS) and had
>> similar stability issues; I've personally found Tomato
>> (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato) to be more stable.
>>

>> - --
>> Nels Lindquist
>> <nlindq at maei.ca>
>>

> +1 on tomato very stable, otherwise I would look to separate the
> wireless function from the router and run something like pfsense.

Cool that there's so many dd-wrt (and siblings) fans here.

I must have skipped a beat during the install.  Things seem to be
running fine, but I can't seem to save files and directories which will
survive a reboot.  I read that "nvram save" was meant to do that, but it
doesn't work for me.  I've got plenty of space on the 8M SD card, but no
way to write a file which will persist, let alone install pfsense on.  Help!