[CentOS] CentOS 7 remove items on screen

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Tue Oct 7 18:37:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 09:15:11 -0400
Jerry Geis wrote:

> Do you have any "tricks" for getting rid of the "Applications" and "Places"
>
> in the top menu bar? or remove the menu bar all together.

Bear in mind that I don't use gnome 3.  Mate makes this really easy to do.  Just right-click on the panel, and select "remove panel"

Perhaps you would save yourself some grief by using Mate instead of Gnome 3? It appears to be a lot less rigid than Gnome 3 when it comes to making any changes from the stock setup.