[CentOS] Problem with WRT54GL router

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Oct 7 23:43:58 UTC 2014

Then now I am a bit confused.
You wrote that the router has a slight problem.

The router can be the CentOS machine or the WRT54GL, choose please

If you can access the WRT54GL device web page the issue is in another
level.

Where do you have the issue??
- - on machines behind the WRT54GL?
- - on the CentOS server?

What ping has to say about the status of the connection between the
WIFI clients and the server? and the WRT54GL?
(I was reading the first post and didn't got it yet)

Since the three dhcpd\network\shorewall do resolve the issues it can
be more then one problem.

You can get the output of:
iptables-save
ip link
ip addr
dmesg

I would also look at the basic system logs to see if there are any
hints about the issue.

I had a similar issue with a CentOS 6 not long ago and the NIC was
going up and down.
When I replaced to newer kernel it got fixed.
(tested couple times over a very long period)

What nic are you using there? Is there any switch over there between
the WRT54GL and the Server?

Thanks,
Eliezer