[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Oct 8 17:45:45 UTC 2014

Digimer wrote:
> On 08/10/14 01:35 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

>>> Just a heads up to those who haven't seen this yet. The main author of
>>> systemd publicly wrote about being basically persecuted.
>>>
>>> https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LennartPoetteringTheOneAndOnly/posts/J2TZrTvu7vd
>>
>> OK, I for one am boycotting his creature, to the extent I can, the way I
>> can: I move my servers away from Linux (to FreeBSD, if someone
>> interested). None of my server will run on the box that has systemd.
>> Workstations stay Linux...
>
> That is fair and fully your choice.
>
> Wishing the man harm though, as some have done, is entirely irrational.

Very, very old joke: a greenhorn wants to go prospecting for gold. The old
muleskinner rents him a pack mule. Three times he ties a pack to the mule,
loads his stuff on, and three times the mule exhales and everything falls
off. Finally, he takes the mule, and drags his stuff, back to the old
muleskinner, and complains, "I thought you told me this mule was
easy-going, and would do what I told him!

The old muleskinner looks around, picks up a stout branch, whirls around,
and *WHACKS* the mule right between the eyes. He then picks up the
greenhorn's stuff and loads it on the mule with no problem.

"But, but..." the greenhorn stutters, "I thought you told me he'd do what
I wanted!"

The old muleskinner replied, "He will... but sometimes, you just have to
get his attention."

I want to *WHACK* Poettering between the eyes, and get his attention.
Maybe that would get past his self-centered self-importance.

       mark