[CentOS] Actual complaining: nixspam

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Oct 8 20:58:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 04:04:49PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> b) What assurance do I have that whoever I chose won't wind up with the
> same problem, given that, as I mentioned, a dozen years ago, they were
> blocking a good part of the city of Chicago?

Umm, that's actually hardly true considering the number of providers in
Chicago.

Listen...  I get it... you're frustrated.  But the fact of the matter is
that you're the only one getting nailed by this that is complaining
about it and it's quite trivial to work around this on your end.  Get a
$5 USD a month vps, toss up postfix, lock it down so only you can relay
through it, point your outbound mail routing through it, profit.  This
should take you no more than an hour to set up.

Hell Mark... _I_ will be happy to relay outbound for you, no charge, for
as long as you want it.

Should things be the way they are?  No, probably not.  Should you be
ignored by TPTB with regards to this?  No, probably not.  Is anything
likely to change?  No, likely not.  It is what it is, for better or
worse.

The offer is legit.  If you want to take me up on it and we can get this
fixed for you, awesome.  If not, I urge you to take matters into your
own hands and implement a solution to address this recurring problem.

						John
--
Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success
of others.

-- Jules Renard (1864-1910), French author