[CentOS] Dell Dimension 2400 W/Intel 845-G Video

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Oct 9 01:52:34 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014 12:52 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> I now have a desktop at a usable resolution.  Thank you there!!

you're welcome, I'm not that much of an expert on this, but there
weren't many other responses so I figured I'd pass you a google link,
about the best I can do, I'm afraid.

> But, there's always a but, the text displayed on that screen is not
> usable.  The text on the top bar that should say:
> Applications   Places   System
> says:
> A              P        S    m
>
> The icon that is supposed to say "Computer" says "C m"
>
> There's a dialogue box in the middle of the screen with various and
> assorted consonants spread about.  I have no idea what it's supposed to say.
>
> Any clue as to how I can fix this?

Sounds like a color issue, or possibly a font issue, I would try
changing to a different theme, and then playing with the colors.  Google
for "CentOS gnome themes" for help with this.

Peter