[CentOS] Dell Dimension 2400 W/Intel 845-G Video

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Thu Oct 9 13:42:28 UTC 2014

I have a similar Intel card on a machine (not near it right now) which has the same kind of text issues.
The trick I learned was to log out and log back in.
i.e., you have to know which " ys em" and " og O t" menu items get you to  log out and do that.
When GDM comes up the next time it will be good.

Be glad your GDM comes up so you can see it for the first login, Mine was a black screen with a pointer.

Wish I knew how to tell X to just restart itself after initializing the card.
BTW if I recall correctly, telinit 3 && sleep 5 && telinit 5 ;  will return me to broken text so no help there.

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.