[CentOS] file system replication

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Oct 9 23:07:29 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-09, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 10/9/2014 10:55 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
>> [lysncd is] basically a daemon monitoring inotify events and sending them to an
>> rsync, so it can keep things up to date more easily.  (I have never used
>> it myself, so caveat emptor.)
>
> rsync is only safe to use on something like a database server if you
> stop the database each time you run rsync, otherwise the files will get
> out of sync.

Ah, yes, I missed the OP's reference to mysql.  Sorry about that!

> I suppose you could setup mysql replication, and exclude mysql from the
> lsyncd/rsync, that would be one approach.

mysql/mariadb replication is a reasonable way to go, and probably has
more eyes on it than lsyncd.  MariaDB's somewhat new GTID replication
might be more reliable than the old query/row/mixed replication scheme
they had before.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us