[CentOS] turn bootable USB into bootable iso image

Steve Clark

sclark at netwolves.com
Fri Oct 10 13:41:50 UTC 2014

Hello List

I have a Bootable USB stick that we use to Boot our servers and then install CentOS,
PostgreSQL and our SW thru a Kickstart script.

It works like a charm but now we are thinking of going Virtual and prepping Virtual CentOS servers under VMware ESXi.

However, to have the same "Boot and Install" functionality I see no other solution than Booting a VMware machine from an ISO.

So, what I would like to do is to take the Bootable USB and make it into an ISO.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Stephen Clark