[CentOS] CentOS 7 docs, tutorials, etc...

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 10 17:21:11 UTC 2014

On Fri, October 10, 2014 12:01 pm, William Woods wrote:
> Really, you have some URL’s to back up the paranoia ?

Well, that's the problem with closed source systems (Which MS Windows is
and commercial antiviruses for it are). One can claim something and there
is no way to prove it is right or it is wrong (or left? ;-)

I remember some clever person said: "security can only be in open source".
There are systems that are not [quite] open source, even though they are
based on open source. I may be out of date but some time ago (last time I
cared to check) Android was not (even though it is based on Linux kernel,
there is fair chunk of closed code in its kernel). Everybody is free to
imagine me with tin foil hat on, or with pointy hat on...

Valeri

> On Oct 10, 2014, at 12:00 PM, Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net> wrote:

>>> Which simply means: Only 'Government Approved' viruses allowed.
>>
>> Excellent point. Windows 95 was designed to be accessible by the USA
>> authorities. USA anti-virus software "allows" access from the USA
>> authorities.

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago