[CentOS] centos 6.5 input lag

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:17:36 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Joseph L. Brunner
<joe at affirmedsystems.com> wrote:
> If this is a server - is it possible your raid card battery died?

It is a server, but a home file server.  The raid card has no battery
backup, and in fact has been flashed to pure HBA mode.  Actual
RAID'ing is done at the software level.

> The only other thing on the hardware side that comes to mind is actual bad sectors if this is not a raided virtual drive.

The system has eight total drives: two SSDs in raid-1 for the OS, five
3.5 spinning drives in RAID-6, and a single 3.5 drive normally used
for mythtv recordings (though mythtv has been stopped for a long time
now to try to debug the issue).

> From the OS side can you keep the box up long enough to do a yum update?

Yes, I updated everything except packages beginning with "l" ("el" /
lowercase 'L') due to that generating a number of conflicts that I
haven't have time to resolve.