[CentOS] Centos 7 and ntp

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Oct 11 00:17:44 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 03:36:00PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 23:17:16 +0200
> Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>
> > Maybe You have installed chrony instead of ntp.
>
> Apparently so.  I see that /var/lib/chrony/drift is dated just a few minutes ago, so that must be the answer.
>
> I have a line in /etc/chrony.conf that's commented out as follows:
>
> #log measurements statistics tracking
>
> The commenting-out on that line likely accounts for the fact that there are no log entries, either.
>
> Thanks for solving the mystery!

I have the idea, from,... somewhere,... that chrony may now be the
default ntp agent in Fedora/RHEL and by extension, CentOS.

I used to use it years ago when I was still stuck on dialup, because it
works well with systems that do not have persistent network access,
and I found it to work quite well.

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."