[CentOS] CentOS 7 docs, tutorials, etc...

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sat Oct 11 14:27:21 UTC 2014

On Sat, October 11, 2014 9:08 am, Igal Sapir wrote:
> On my short list for entertainment/stand up comedy :p

Have you ever heard someone saying "paranoia is on my sysadmin's job
description"? If you don't have an attitude described by that word you
better don't run severs. Not that I would say they will end up
compromised, but the chance of compromise is way higher if you don't
exercise "paranoia" when setting up your server. I bet any sysadmin manual
or book has security chapter which stresses it in similar wording. A few I
learned from did. So, in my book Mr. Always Learning is more suitable as
sysadmin than a person of an attitude you expressed. No offense, just
think it over, thinking it over may help you one day.

Just my $0.02

Valer

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator