[CentOS] 答复: turn bootable USB into bootable iso image

Darr247 darr247 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:12:03 UTC 2014

On 10 October 2014 @15:19 zulu, 沈焕标 asked:
> So, what I would like to do is to take the Bootable USB and make it into an ISO.
>
> Any ideas?

If none of the methods given so far work for you (that
troubleshooters.com link from SilverTip257, which tells how to convert a
'dd' copied file to an ISO using mkisofs, looks promising), here's a
method to do it in windows (or WINE, else I wouldn't bother posting it
to this list), using the free ImgBurn program (imgburn.com)...

1 - with the bootable stick plugged into the computer, start ImgBurn
2 - click on "Create image file from files / folders"
3 - in "Sources" browse to your USB stick
4 - for "Destination" choose where to save the ISO image
5 - on the Advanced tab choose "Bootable Disk" and check the "Make
Bootable Image" (also set Emulation Type as 1.44 floppy)
6 - in the "Boot image" dialog browse to the file "etfsboot.com" (or
whatever image your USB stick uses) that should be in the "boot" folder
on the USB stick
7 - in the field "Developer ID" put e.g. "Microsoft Corporation" and
enter "07C0" in the "Load Segment" field
8 - enter '4' in the 'Sectors To Load' field if your etfsboot.com file
is 2K in size, enter '8' if it's 4K (i.e. size of the /boot image file
in bytes divided by 512).

So, it's fairly straightforward as long as you change the emulation type
to 1.44 Floppy (most bootable USB's do *not* emulate a floppy disc when
booting; 'dd' won't do that for you by itself), and use 512 as divisor
of the /boot folder's image file size in bytes when setting the Sectors
To Load option.