[CentOS] creating a floppy image from a linux file

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Oct 17 22:06:26 UTC 2014

On 10/17/2014 1:55 PM, Dan Hyatt wrote:
> I am still trying to get kick-start centos in my vmware5 because pxe
> cannot find the pxe server. I do not control the dhcp or pxe server.

this is on ESXI?   you /could/ create a virtual network thats not routed
or bridged to your actual networks, then create your own PXE/DHCP server
on this virtual network, and then connect your new VM to that private
virtual net for installation, switching it over to the regular networks
when its done installing....    I've done crazier things on ESXI :)