[CentOS] CentOS-6 updates

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Oct 19 19:04:01 UTC 2014

On 19/10/14 08:54 AM, Always Learning wrote:

> On Sun, 2014-10-19 at 03:29 -0400, Digimer wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/14 09:40 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>>> Please remember, there are around 350 Source RPMs that need to be built
>>> and tested for 6.6 and it normally takes 7-10 days for CR and 14-28 days
>>> for the full release. We are going as fast as we can, but point releases
>>> take time.
>
>> Thanks for the update!
>
> And thanks to you and the Centos team for making our enjoyment and usage
> of Centos actually possible. Thanks too to the helpful Centos users who
> provide advice, guidance and their experience for the benefit of others.

I think, after the CentOS 6.0 release drama, the CentOS folks got a
*lot* better at keeping users informed on what is happening behind the
scenes. I think it's one of the best and most important changes they've
made in a long time. I know *I* certainly appreciate it a lot. :)

--
Digimer
access to education?