[CentOS] rsync question: building list taking forever

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Mon Oct 20 14:49:06 UTC 2014

Or perhaps easier (depending on how paranoid sshd configs are) with ProxyCommand in ssh/config, i.e., setup config so one ssh command can get you logged onto the final target and then use rsync across ssh as per normal:

http://sshmenu.sourceforge.net/articles/transparent-mulithop.html

Then rsync will be running on both ends, where the data (filesystem information) is LOCAL, i.e., fast.

I would use, if possible/allowed,  key[s] with ssh(-agent) to make the whole connect to multiple hosts thing easier (i.e., fewer passphrase requests).

[OP: `they don't allow ssh between the datacenters` ...but... they nfs between them...??? ME: much head scratching.]

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.