[CentOS] IP aliasing on CentOS 7

Boris Epstein borepstein at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:18:57 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Thank you for all the great responses.

I meant to reply earlier but it slipped my mind. Sorry.

OK, so according to my experience here is what seems to work.

1) nmtui
Using this utility one can do that without delving into the nitty-gritty,
it seems.

2) By editing the config file. So let us say we have the NIC eno16780032 If
you now edit your config file
( /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eno16780032 ) to look like this
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=none
DEFROUTE=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no
NAME=eno16780032
UUID=f303271a-dc5c-4fd6-ac61-73c7b78a5b2b
ONBOOT=yes
DNS1=10.1.3.5
DOMAIN=insideidc.com
IPADDR1=10.1.3.226
PREFIX1=24
HWADDR=00:50:56:A6:11:CA
IPADDR=10.1.3.220
PREFIX=24
GATEWAY=10.1.3.10
DNS2=10.1.3.1
DNS3=10.1.3.2
IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes

you are going to have two IP addresses (in this scenario, 10.1.3.220 and
10.1.3.226) assigned to the same NIC.

NOTICE: ifconfig will not show them all, use "ip a show" to see them.

Once again, thank you all for responding.

Cheers,

Boris.