[CentOS] Fwd: A CentOS list favor, please: an ethtool question

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:37:29 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
Date: Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Subject: A CentOS list favor, please: an ethtool question
To: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Hi, Les,

   May I ask you to forward this to the list? I know I got one email from
Karanbir after he modded me so that I couldn't post to the list... but
in the last week, I've tried emailing Johnny, and I also sent one to
Karanbir, figuring that if he was moderating me, I'd send a post to him
to moderate, and got a response from neither... and I'm suspecting that
any email I send to *any* address at centos.org goes to /dev/null, and
he seems to have forgotten me altogether.

  Anyway, I'm rsyncing directories over the net, from a 6.5 box to a 6.5
box, and it's going *very* slowly, hours for < 100G. Trying to see if
there was a network issue, I tried ethtool on the older box that I'm
pulling from, and the relevant lines that surprised me are these:
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: Unknown!
        Duplex: Unknown! (255)
        Port: Twisted Pair