[CentOS] And now for something completely different. Win7 on KVM

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Oct 23 07:40:51 UTC 2014

Am 23.10.2014 um 08:58 schrieb Patrick Bervoets:

> Op 22-10-14 om 23:15 schreef James B. Byrne:

[ ... ]

>> We have adjusted the settings on the guest so the the nic is
>> configured as a
>> shared device / br0 / Device Model=virtio.  Now after it boots the
>> thing says
>> that it does not have a driver for Ethernet adaptor at all.  Is there a
>> different setting for the model that I should be using?
>>
>> I have to point out that this thing was originally installed from
>> cd-rom and
>> then updated from the internet. So at some point it must have had a
>> working
>> network connection.  Any ideas as to how to get it to find the network
>> interface again?
>>

> James,
>
> on the client, which driver do you use? Mine is 'Red Hat VirtIO Ethernet
> Adapter' 61.65.104.7400 20/11/2013. I got it from virtio-win-0.1-74.iso

A newer VirtIO Driverpack can be found here:

https://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/

> Patrick

I can only guess that the Windows VM hadn't been configured before to
use any VirtIO interface, neither for network, nor for VirtDisk access.
OP should install the drivers from the ISO and then switch the disk
device model as well to VirtIO for best performance.

Alexander