[CentOS] C7 : Firewalld

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Sat Oct 25 11:40:37 UTC 2014

Vijay Rajah wrote:

> You can still use iptables with Centos7, if you want... (AFAIK both
> firewalld & iptables use the same kernel functions)

As a matter of interest, how does firewalld compare with shorewall?
They look rather similar.

I am running CentOS-7 on a home server, with shorewall.
I was not aware until I read this thread that firewalld was installed,
but I find now that it is running.
I'm rather surprised there have been no conflicts with shorewall.
Maybe one over-rules the other?

(I notice it is installed but not running on my Fedora-20 laptop.)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net