[CentOS] Upgrading to CentOS-7 on a new partition

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.it
Sat Oct 25 13:40:56 UTC 2014

I would like to upgrade a CentOS-6.5 home server
to CentOS-7 on a new partition.
What is the simplest way to achieve this?
I would like to be able to boot into either version of CentOS
until I am sure the new version is running OK.

Incidentally, I think most people today must have enough space
on their hard drive to install a new OS on a new partition -
it is surprising that this option never seems to be mentioned
in upgrade documentation.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net