[CentOS] "No free sectors available" while try to extend logical volumen in a virtual machine running CentOS 6.5

reynierpm at gmail.com reynierpm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:30:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Dominic Geevarghese <share2dom at gmail.com>
wrote:

> By looking at fdisk output pasted in your first mail, I don't see more than
> 2 partition in your first disk - /dev/sda .
> The first partition is -  /dev/sda1 - is allocated for /boot  and
> second partition is -  /dev/sda2 - for your PV/VG/LV where root resided.
> However, the above output indicates you had 2 PVs , which is contradicting
> with the information you have shared so far.
>
> I assume that, you have added an additional disk , then extended the VG,
> but later removed ? OR  tried another vgcreate ( afaik, lvm shouldn't allow
> this but a wild guess ) on actual PV - /dev/sda2 ?

You're right in some moment I added a new disk and try to extend the VG and
yes once again I removed by trying to do the same from Gparted Live CD and
I messed all, this is what I'm trying to fix if it's possible so what
procedure I should follow having this extra info? (apologies perhaps I
should say this from the begining)