[CentOS] find troubles

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:18:15 UTC 2014

Hi

find / -name "*httpd*" -type d |grep -v www\

Thanks.. Ideally I'd like to use the -delete flag to find once i have the
right command. But with that I suppose I could use  find / -name "*httpd*"
-type d |grep -v www\ | xargs rm -rfv

Assuming that the initial find doesn't do anything too scary.

Thanks
Tim

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Chris Geldenhuis <chris.gelden at iafrica.com>
wrote:

> On 10/28/2014 11:00 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>>   Sorry not sure what's wrong with this statement. I've tried a few
>> variations of trying to exclude the /var/www directory.
>>

>> [root at 224432-24 apr-1.5.1]# find / -name "*httpd*" -type d \( ! -name
>> www \)
>> /usr/lib/httpd
>> /usr/lib64/httpd
>> /var/www/vhosts/johnnyenglish/httpdocs
>> /var/www/lpaddevbkp/alchemist/namespace/system-config-httpd
>> /var/www/lpaddevbkp/httpd
>>

>> The ultimate intention once I get a suitable find command is to delete all
>> references to httpd. I'm trying to do a clean install of apache 'the
>> company way'. But before I do that I want to get rid of the apache that
>> was
>> there.
>>

>> I've already queried the rpm database and did a yum remove of the apache
>> packages.
>>
>> So where I'm I going wrong with the above statement? Looks right to me!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tim
>>

>>  Hi,
>
> Try:
>
> find / -name "*httpd*" -type d |grep -v www
>
> Regards
>
> ChrisG

GPG me!!