[CentOS] No X with new 6.6 kernel

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 01:13:20 UTC 2014

Hey Y'all,

After upgrade to 6.6 my gui will not start.  The problem is probably
related to the dusty old video card I've got in this crusty old machine.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600
GS] (rev a2)

I've got the proprietary drivers installed.  Normally when I update my
kernel the video module is rebuilt automagically.  That probably doesn't
work with the new kernel.

I can get the GUI running by booting into the previous kernel version.

Does anyone know what repository and package name I need to update the
driver for 6.6?

--
    _
   °v°