[CentOS] CentOS-7 and zfs

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed Oct 29 15:00:02 UTC 2014

centos-release.x86_64-7-0.1406.el7.centos.2.5    @updates
zfs-release.noarch-1-2.el7.centos                 @/zfs-release.el7.noarch

I am in the process of setting up a CentOS-7 workstation which, eventually,
will be a kvm host for several versions of MS-Windows.  Before I get to that
point I wish to experiment with zfs.  I have a couple of questions:

Q1. Finding a good install tutorial for zfs on CentOS-7 has so far eluded my
google-fu.  Would someone be so kind as to provide either recommendations for
same or direct how-to instructions?  And any gotchas.

Q2. https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/2575 seems to be of some concern
for CentOS-7 users.  Are others experiencing this or is it specific to raid
users?

Canada  L8E 3C3