[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 equivalents in CentOS 7

Jason T. Slack-Moehrle slackmoehrle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 02:41:35 UTC 2014

Thanks Marko for the reply.

Soo I changed my ssh port in sshd_config and did: systemctl restart
 sshd.service.
I then did:

firewall-cmd --add-port=port/tcp
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=port/tcp
firewall-cmd --reload
and for safety: systemctl restart firewalld

and I get a connection:refused.

so I decided to do systemctl stop firewalld

and try again, still connection refused.

Commented out the port line in sshd_config (so back to 22) and restart,
works.

so I am confused as to what is happening. I have done this 100 times in
CentOS 6.x