[CentOS] Wow! Double wow!

Cliff Pratt enkiduonthenet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:07:29 UTC 2014

I used to work with IBM mainframes back when the dinosaurs were hatchlings.
At one place I worked the machine was powered off on Friday at 5pm and
powered up at 7am on Monday! Can you imagine that these days?

We soon went to 24x7, but the reason was not because the users wanted it.
It was because the engineers and systems programmers wanted time with no
users.

Cheers,

Cliff