[CentOS] Centos7 Annoyances

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:43:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 10:46 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> You can
>> use MATE from EPEL but even that isn't exactly like Gnome2.
>
> My impression from other posters was Mate as fairly similar to G2. Is it
> really much different ?

I don't use enough desktop GUI actions to be a good judge.  I normally
just open a bunch of terminal windows and ssh to other machines with
an occasional instance of wireshark or firefox.  But, for example, I
thought I could just drag the terminal icon out of the Gnome2 menus
onto the top menu bar or the desktop - but I couldn't do that in MATE.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com