[CentOS] VMWare Workstation Guest Keep Crashing

Sun Oct 5 15:30:59 UTC 2014
Igal @ getRailo.org <igal at getrailo.org>

hi all,

I've inherited a CentOS 6.4 machine that runs VMWare Workstation 9 which
in turn hosts a Windows SBS 2011 guest.

the problem is that the Windows guest keeps crashing, and I have no idea
why.  it was working fine for a while but recently started crashing
after a day or two of operation.

as a total Linux/CentOS noob, I have some questions:

1) is it safe to assume that since the guest crashes, but not the host,
then the issue is with the Windows setup and not the CentOS?

2) any ideas how I would go to find the problem?

3) I understand now that a better virtualization would be KVM or Xen.
any word of advice on which is better if the host machine need only run
the guest OS and back it up?

TIA!

--
Igal Sapir