[CentOS] can I check the mac address on DHCP from my command line

Wed Oct 8 21:02:09 UTC 2014
Dan Hyatt <dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu>

Hi,

I have an interesting problem. I want to be able to verify that my
hostname, ipaddress, and mac address are correct in the DNS/DHCP. I have
the values, how do I compare.

I am able to use NSLOOKUP for the hostname=ip confirmation

How do I do the ip addresss = mac address comparison

I tried arp and a few other things. Almost everything on google says
either to logon to DHCP (which I do not own) or use arp, which is not
giving the desired results.

I provided the mac address, ip address, and host name
I want to find out if a missed entry might be causing the pxe boots and
network problems I am having to fail.

Dan