[CentOS] find troubles

Tue Oct 28 21:00:32 UTC 2014
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

Hey guys,

 Sorry not sure what's wrong with this statement. I've tried a few
variations of trying to exclude the /var/www directory.

[root at 224432-24 apr-1.5.1]# find / -name "*httpd*" -type d \( ! -name www \)
/usr/lib/httpd
/usr/lib64/httpd
/var/www/vhosts/johnnyenglish/httpdocs
/var/www/lpaddevbkp/alchemist/namespace/system-config-httpd
/var/www/lpaddevbkp/httpd

The ultimate intention once I get a suitable find command is to delete all
references to httpd. I'm trying to do a clean install of apache 'the
company way'. But before I do that I want to get rid of the apache that was
there.

I've already queried the rpm database and did a yum remove of the apache
packages.

So where I'm I going wrong with the above statement? Looks right to me!

Thanks
Tim

--
GPG me!!